Dr. Maria Mercy Amutha, M. A, M. Phil, Ph. D
One of the strengths of Dr. Maria Mercy Amutha Amalraj, is the varied academic assignments taken up by her during her career. In her prior years of her teaching, she has served in India and abroad
A glimpse of places she worked and tasks she performed:
Dr. Amutha Amalraj’s last assignment was at the English Language Institute, Jazan University, Kingdome of Saudi Arabia . She delivered lectures for students in higher levels educating them student from the College of Applied Medical Sciences on Speech, Research and Presentations. She was the Head of Publication & Press Unit ( 2019 Oct -2020) and also Member Research Unit; Coordinator – Research Paper Writing; Member IRCST Team.
In BITS, PILANI - HYDERABAD CAMPUS - She was the faculty in charge and rolled out the following courses
- Technical Report writing
- Phonetics and Spoken English
- Public Speaking
While at BITS Pilani, she was actively engaged with interdisciplinary research. And with her passion to excel took up responsibilities as a faculty in charge in PS – Practice Station (Collaboration between industry and Academic organizations)
- Reddipalayam - Reddipalayam cement Works
- Trichy - Bharath Heavy Electricals ltd (BHEL)
In 2015 during the PS 1 she conducted a Technical writing program for Executives at Bharath Heavy Electricals ltd (BHEL) Trichy (Government of India).
In 2015 she also engaged in training students and faculty as mentioned below:
- Faculty Development program- KRP Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Communication, Leadership and Employability skills – RGUKT, IIIT RK Valley Camps. (Undertaking by the Govt. of Telangana, India)
- Faculty Orientation program on Technical Writing, Phonetics and Spoken English courses (for Faculty form Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science)
During her Assignment in
VIT UNIVERSITY, VELLORE she was the:
- Course coordinator for English for Engineers II ( Developed course and content)
- Faculty Coordinator of the Debate Society
From 2011 to 2014 she was an active team member in a consultancy project taken up by a team at VIT University to train leather factory workers at Vaniyambadi, in soft skills.
Further in the year 2012 - 28 March 4,11,18 and 25th April she a was ‘Resource Person’ for the Academic staff College to train Professors during a Faculty Development Programme on ‘Professional Communication” . And has also conducted training sessions for Data Entry Operators – English for specified Skills During the same year she was a part of the training team and taught English during the – Youth Entrepreneurship Skills Development Initiative (YES-DI) – Training Programme for participants from the Mano River Union (MRU) Countries of West Africa – Organized by UNIDO jointly with UCSSIC –India.
Dr. Amutha Amalraj was one of the few faculty who chose tasked based learning while at VIT, University and the steps she followed was subsequently presented at an International language conference and was later published.
Apart from the mentioned laurels as an academician and trainer she is a certified Trainer of BEC (Business English Communication, British Council) exams.
And a trained trainer in technical communication having received world class experience during - Training the Trainer Program, ELCOT (Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited ) in association with M/S Cognizant, M/S Infosys Technologies Ltd, M/S Scope International & M/S Wipro Technologies Ltd.
Dr. Amutha Amalraj is an alumni of Government Art's college for Women, Kumbakonam where she did her B.A English literature (Bharathidasan University). Holy Cross College, Trichy (Bharathidasan University) where she completed her M.A in English and begun her research journey. Her M.Phil. is from ST. JOSEPH’S College, TRICHY (Bharathidasan University) and her highly commendable Ph.D. research titled ‘A New Historicist Approach to the Short Stories of Alice Munro’ form SASTRA University has been published as a book
As an author and researcher she has contributed to journal articles, book chapters and books too.scholar.google.com
- No. of articles published in International journals -8
- No. of Books / chapter contribution – 5
- No. of Books / chapter contribution – 5
- Papers presented in both national and international conferences – 11
- Her contributions to conferences/ webinars / and trainings delivered to faculty and students as a resource person -17
Knowledge Centre for Languages and Studies is Dr. Amutha Amalraj’s Pet project which was formally registered in 2019.